Installing Ericom Blaze in 7 Easy Steps
We have just released a new version of Ericom Blaze (version 1.3) – our RDP acceleration and compression solution. Here is how to go about installing and using it in seven easy steps:
- Click here to start the download process (registration is required)
- Download both the Blaze Server (17MB download) and the appropriate Blaze Client (Windows client is 4.5MB)
- Run the Blaze Server installer (EricomBlazeServer.msi) on an RDP host, such as a Terminal Server, a virtual desktop or any Windows system you want to access remotely. Click Next three times and then Finish – no configuration required
- Run the Blaze Client installer (EricomBlazeClient.msi) on a Windows computer. Click Next five times and then Finish
- Open the Start Menu – under Ericom Software open Ericom Blaze Client and launch Ericom Blaze client
- The UI that opens is almost identical to Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection (RDP – the RDP client mstsc.exe). Provide the address of the RDP host on which you installed the Blaze Server
- Click Connect – you are now using Blaze
The entire process took me less than 5 minutes. The installation also includes a thorough Getting Started Guide which explains this process in greater detail. You can also find the Getting Started Guide here.
To make the process of evaluating Blaze even easier the Blaze Client installer also creates two links that connect to a demo server hosted by Ericom. One link uses regular RDP and the other Blaze – this way you can compare the two without even installing the Blaze Server.
Important note: Blaze does not interfere with regular RDP – after installing Blaze Server on a host you can still connect to it using regular RDP.