Simplify Processes to Amplify Productivity in Your IT Department
In the past few years, BYOD (Bring your own device), has become an increasingly successful trend, which brings substantial benefits to organizations in multiple industries including education, healthcare, manufacturing and finance. According to Techaisle, a whopping 87% of employees in the US use mobile devices to access company data. Another survey found that 85% of them rely on more than one device for their work.
With BYOD adoption on the rise, IT departments are being taxed with device maintenance, programming, network administration and technical support for each device that employees are using to access the company’s network and data.
Bottom line, IT departments need to find ways to simplify work processes in order to cope with these and other tasks while maintaining maximum productivity. Remote access to networks, software, computers and applications can help to significantly decrease the burden on IT staff.
Here are some of the benefits that remote access can provide:
- Expedite service – When asked for technical support, IT departments need to be quick and efficient. Whether they need to install a new application or solve routine computer issues, remote access takes a weight off the shoulders of IT. The ability to perform all these tasks from a single computer and not have to physically go to each device to provide support can make IT staff more responsive and efficient.
- Proactive support – The ability to solve certain issues from their own computer empowers IT to take a more proactive approach to technical support. The convenience factor makes it easy for IT staff to address a greater number of issues than they would if they had to leave their desks.
- Improve morale – Most IT professionals put in a lot of overtime, so granting them a remote access solution can be very useful. Even if they still have to work overtime, they can do so from the comfort of their own homes, where they can feel more relaxed and may even be more productive.
- Increase customer satisfaction – Remote access solutions can help you grow your customer base and reduce churn. Support staff can offer technical support and maintenance services without ever leaving the office, regardless of the client’s location.
- Keep IT focused – Besides maintenance and support, IT staff also need to maintain your company network, website and much more. If they are interrupted while performing such activities for urgent technical assistance, the ability to offer support remotely makes it much easier to resume the previous task afterwards.
Whether you are a small startup or an established enterprise, a healthcare organization or a financial establishment, Ericom can offer you a customizable solution to optimize your IT operations and align them with your business objectives.